Top 150 Ideas For Research Paper Topics 2020
Some say the most difficult part of writing a text – is to start. But topic selection even precedes this starting point. This activity takes off a lot of time, and sometimes imagination just doesn’t work in your favor. That’s where our list of best research paper topics will come in handy.
We collected the most unhacked and powerful ideas to turn the average piece of writing into a research paper. Discover what is a research paper and how to choose suitable and interesting research topics with our help. Or if you are a lazy student – use our essay writing service.
Writing a research topic on your own requires either producing one from scratch (based on your interests and goals and potentially, on some brainstorming) or getting inspiration from a number of sources, like preassembled topic lists, course material, teachers, real life, news headlines, published research in the respective field, etc.
Start With Observing Your Interests
If you are confused with a variety of interesting topics for writing a creative essay, it’s better to decide what interests you the most. Don’t stick to easy research paper topics just to complete the task fast. If you are allowed to freely choose what to write an essay on your own, use the opportunity to create something unique. Write down the list of your interests and break down every idea into small certain topics. When you have a list in front of your eyes, it will be easier to make up your mind and start considering a particular issue.
Then you should examine what aspect of the topic is preferable for you to outline in your research paper. A list will save you here again. Use pros/cons template to include all the arguments and objections to the issues.
Check the Info
If a topic is a backbone of your paper, then information is its essential body element. Before settling on the research topic ideas, you have to make sure there is enough information for you to model the main body of your paper. It is recommended to use textbooks (both online and offline), articles and other sources (don’t forget to use plagiarism checker) that deal with scientific explanations and review your topic from the most debatable side. Especially if you decided to stop on controversial topics for research papers, you should prepare in advance and look up for the strong arguments to support your thesis.
What are the 3 Types of Research Questions?
Before formulating your research question, note that there are 3 important types of research questions:
- descriptive – these employ careful and comprehensive observation of a phenomenon/ event, subject, trait, etc. in order to characterize it in detail and to potentially reveal important/ interesting/ undescribed aspects or patterns.
- causal – these investigate whether altering some variables leads to changes in other variables suggesting a causal relationship.
- comparative – these look into similarities and differences between two or more entities
What is a Good Research Paper Topic?
Features that tend to characterize good research questions are as follows:
- specific and concrete – investigation goals and (expected results) have to be clear and focused
- original – investigating aspects/ entities/ relationships that have not been researched before
- highly important/impactful for community/ society/ a professional field.
- highly relevant for potential readers/ reviewers
- trending – emerging disciplines/ topics spark more interest due to their novelty and yet unexplored potential